THE SEVEN DEADLY SINS
THE SEVEN DEADLY SINS: meaning and examples
Today we answer a request from Sebastián Altemir. He suggested doing a Daily Vitamin about the Seven Deadly Sins (los siete pecados capitales). They are also knows as the "Cardinal Vices" or the "Cardinal Sins." Following is a list of the seven sins, with a brief explanation for each.
1) Pride: in the negative sense, the feeling that you are better or more important than other people. It is the excessive belief in one's own abilities. It has been called the sin from which all others arise. Pride is also known as Vanity.
2) Envy: the feeling of wanting to be in the same situation as someone else; to wish you had the same qualities, possessions, opportunities, etc. as someone else.
3) Gluttony: an excessive desire to consume more than one needs or requires.
4) Lust: a very strong sexual desire, especially when love is not involved.
5) Anger: the strong feeling that you have when something has happened that you think is bad and unfair. It is said to manifest itself in people who reject love. It is also known as Wrath.
6) Greed: the desire for material wealth or gain, ignoring the realm of the spiritual. It is also called Avarice or Covetousness.
7) Sloth: is the avoidance of physical or spiritual work.
So there they are, Sebastián. There is some interesting information about the Deadly Sins on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_deadly_sins.
Pease post any questions about today's Daily Vitamin in the Daily Vitamin Plus! forum section on our website. If you have any questions about how to use the Daily Vitamin Plus! section or would like to receive a Daily Vitamin Plus! manual, please contact us.
I hope you have a good day.